A Summary of the Construction Process
You will likely have a much smoother home building process by following the sequence of steps below:
Pre-Construction Phase I
- 1. Determine your Budget by getting pre-approved for a loan. Choose a construction lender that understands the special factory payment schedule with modular construction. Altamont Homes can recommend experienced lenders.
- 2. Find a conscientious Real Estate Agent to help you find a build-able lot. Altamont Homes can recommend experienced, professional agents that understand land sales for new construction.
- 3. Have Altamont Homes evaluate your lot to determine the issues and costs to build on it.
- 4. Choose a house model and options that fit your lot and budget. Your Altamont Homes Project Consultant can provide guidance through this selection process.
- 5. Sign a contract with Altamont Homes to lock in your price.
- 6. Close your loan in order to start the construction process.
Construction Phase II
- 7. Survey your lot.
- 8. Conduct a soils test if necessary.
- 9. Conduct a perc test for the septic system if necessary or applicable.
- 10. Hire an engineer to design your foundation and septic system if necessary or applicable.
- 11. Submit utility service applications.
- 12. Hire an engineer to design your fire sprinkler system if required.
- 13. Obtain well and septic permits if required or applicable.
- 14. Obtain a grading permit if required.
- 15. Obtain a tree removal permit if applicable or required.
- 16. Apply for Building Permits.
- 17. Grade your lot and building pad.
- 18. Drill your well if applicable.
- 19. Install your septic system if applicable.
- 20. Have your surveyer stake out the foundation.
- 21. Build your foundation and let the concrete cure for 28 days after it is poured.
- 22. Release the home to be produced by the factory while the concrete is curing.
- 23. Take delivery of the home modules to a separate staging/storage area near or on your property where the modules can be readied to be set on foundation.
- 24. Set and assemble the modules on foundation.
- 25. Build your attached garage.
- 26. Finish the exterior of the home.
- 27. Connect utilities to the home.
- 28. Finish the interior of the home.
- 29. Pour your driveway, walkways, steps, and other concrete flat work.
- 30. Conduct finish grading of your lot.
- 31. Install your air conditioner if necessary.
- 32. Complete landscaping and fencing as required or desired.
- 33. Obtain your Certificate of Occupancy by obtaining final approvals from the required government agencies.
- 34. Roll your construction loan into a permanent loan.
- 35. Move in and enjoy your new home! Don’t forget to complete regular maintenance and upkeep to protect the growing value of your investment.
How long does it take? Depending on the site conditions, location, local building permit processing times, and home selected, it usually ranges between 5 and 18 months to complete the entire process, phases one and two combined.
|Disclaimer: The information contained in this web site is general in nature and subject to change at any point in time. As such, it may not necessarily apply to all situations. Also, some pictures shown with optional design and decorative features for model home purposes only.
|Search Engine Optimization & Top Rankings by WPIMS